Tuesday, March 31, 2015

One more week till conference!!‏ Date: March 30, 2015 at 11:54am

Hey hey everyone!

Sorry for the later letter but this morning we were playing soccer so I cant really say that I feel guilty. Figured it will still be morning where you guys are anyways so its all good.
This week was pretty good. DANIEL got BAPTIZED! I don't think I did this guy justice yet in an email but here are a few more reasons he is a stud and a half. When we have lessons, he asks to say the prayer. He reads the Book of Mormon... and understands it like he has been a member his whole life! No joke! We were talking about the Tree of Life and all that jazz and he nailed it on the interpretation. We still havent even confirmed his thoughts, we told him to keep on reading and find out for himself. He brought his MOM to the baptism so she could watch. (She is super catholic ) AND.. HE loves soccer! HE is a stud on all levels. I got to baptize him and a really funny story was that the baptismal clothes we had for him, the zipper broke, so he had to wear an XX-large haha! He looked like the michilan tire guy! It was pretty funny. In other news.. we basically have no new people to work with so we are gonna try to work through Daniel and find some of his friends or family to get exicated about the church. Should be pretty easy because Daniel is the man. 


DANIEL IS THE MAN
O CARA!!!

Things are going with Wilson and the other elders in the house. You just have to take a step back and think about people outside the context of the mission world. I think some times its pretty easy to get caught up in the small things and not realize that we are all just as much vulnerable to weaknesses as the people next to us. Its been pretty rainy today and it was a little sketchy playing ball on the court today sliding around but I am begining to feel more addapted to the culture and everything around me. Today waiting for the Train, I was sitting in the sprinkling rain on the ground trying to strech out my cramps (this body is so outta shape!!) when I looked up at the skyline of the appartments and green and was thinking that this place is home! I am beginning to get the hang of the Lang more and more and while I still have a ways to go I feel good thinking that if I tried to speak english fast right now I wouldnt be able to do it. No dreams in Port. or anything yet.. at least I think. But the lang it coming. 


Have a great week everyone! Dont worry about your favorit sibling/child out here. Im loving life and all its challenges. Time is moving crazy fast out here.
Till next week
Até próxima semana!
LOVE

ELDER CHRISTENSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment