Monday, September 29, 2014

New Transfer!‏ Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:22

Yo yo! My Family!

Glad to be able to hear from all of ya! I have a new companion now! His name is Elder Lauti from Oakland, California. Tongan heritage! haha I am so pumped to have all of these brownie companions! haha It's awesome! I am in love with my first born in the wilderness! Sad to see Elder T leave but it's funny now to introduce all the members to Elder Lauti and just watch their heads flip as they expect him to speak with an accent! haha The other best part is that his nametag is in Chinese because he is also a VISA waiter! haha He is waiting to head out to Taiwan here pretty soon. They only recently changed the application process so his should only take 1 transfer to get here.. He is pumped to be here though and working together is already a blast. 
The area is awesome as ever. Our investigator Patti accepted a solid baptismal date now for the 12th of Oct!! (Elder Lauti owned the baptismal invite and it was actually set for the 10th aka MY BIRTHDAY but then we found out it would conflict with members schedules and other things that are semi important) WE ARE STOKED! She keeps looking better and better with every time we teach her. She actually reads the pamphlets and takes notes in them!? Nobody does that! haha She is incredible and it will be a joyous day when the ELDERs kids want to join in and we just have a branch dunk fest! haha It will be something that we work towards for the next few weeks. So yeah Training has been pretty tiring. DL has been pretty tiring only because of the long meeting I had to attend on friday! For our first four days together, me and elder Lauti had probably 4 hrs total to work! We got 5 lessons in and Elder Lauti commented on how slow the week was for us once or twice and I keep thinking to myself, "that's a great week for Ritzville!!" haha Guess I got to raise my game here to break Elder Lauti in!! haha 

(Cooper's Visa has finished processing!!!)
I am excited for the B-Day package! Thanks so much! I can probably already say that it will be over the top! Ha thanks MOM! Love you. About the VISA.... idk what to feel about it really. It would be rough to start all over again.. I really am torn apart by it all. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to talk about it haha! Don't get me wrong, I would be stoked to have two mission experiences and get to spend some time where I was actually called but, Washington has my heart right now! I love these people. I guess we'll just see how it all pans out in the end but for now I really don't know what to think about it. 

Know that I love you all and that next week I will probably try to send Pics! For now I am on the Clock so Tchao!
Com Amor!

ELDER CHRISTENSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment