Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Holidays...‏Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014

Hey all you people,

Well this week as you know we had a holiday on Monday and thus the letter on Tuesday. "American's celebrate weird things.." - direct quote from Elder Tekanene. So yep we have been prepping ourselves for the the long work week. Today we are actually not taking our P-day because we are going to the Temple on Thursday. Because we live so dang far from anyone else we have permission to write today anyways because we wont have any reasonable amount of time to on Thursday. This week was pretty slow but fruitful. We found a new investigator in a Motel complex that our Less Active owns. She is pretty cool and her husband was baptized 3 years ago so she said he has been trying to get her interested about going. She hasn't been to church yet but maybe next Sunday! Other eventful things that have happened to us have been us finding out that one of our towns that we cover for our branch is not included as part of our mission area.. and that getting a parking ticket there is surprisingly not fun at all. haha You don't even want to get me started. It was super dumb. Holy smokes I am getting frustrated just thinking about it. haha So Elder T and I usually have to make our way out to this middle of nowhere town once every so often just to see if we can find out where the "member" that used to live in the rotting meth lab trailer happened to move just so that we can update our branch member list. We get done talking to this guy who assures us that if we ever wanted to take a load off of this preaching the gospel business that we could just swing on by and play some x-box, to which we said, "yeah.. thanks so much for that offer but we gotta bounce!". So we are headed towards our next town when we see this sign for a waterfall. And we both look at each other and were thinking that there is no way there is a waterfall in the middle of this nothingness. We take the little exit and look out at this waterfall. We get back to the car and the park ranger lady just finished putting a ticket on our car. I walk up and start talking to her about how we were just stopping by and that we weren't planning on camping or anything and we had no idea is cost anything just to look over a fence she just looked at me, looked away and walked off... So dumb. Turns out that if you don't pay ten dollars straight up to look at this lame excuse of a water fall then you get a 100 dollar ticket... I know.. it was so dumb and we called the mission office and they were cool about it but there is pretty much  nothing that they can do about it. Turns out that it is actually a half mile just outside of the mission area.. haha so yeah the mission office was understanding and the mission boundries don't even cover half of our branch area anyways soo.. yeah they didn't really care! haha bottom line of this story is don't get parking tickets outside of your mission area! also Washington State Park people are dumb...but they are still children of God. 

You guys seemed to have a pretty sweet week. I know they go by so fast it's unreal! Mom&Dad - Mom I know that by this point you pretty much are freaking out about the ticket. Don't worry. We already took care of it and its all settled. I love you and I am sorry I let you down! haha Wedding pictures looked amazing! You defiantly have a talent my mother. Thanks for calling SLC! Glad to hear they didn't forget about me! Last night I had a dream in Portuguese which was weird cause I don't know how to speak it.. haha yeah its kinda just one of those things where if I got it I would be stoked but I really don't think about my VISA at all. I kinda forget that I wasn't actually called here quite often, until a member reminds me by asking about Brasil. NANO! I didn't forget your brithday! I just held back from telling you until TODAY! I WISH YOU THE BEST WITH YOUR NEW AGE AND THAT YOU LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. Get off my back already about this guilt trip thing... jk I love you homie. (ps you can always remember that I will remember your birthday as the day I broke mission rules and got a parking ticket!)

Also I was finally able to watch the videos! haha I love them all. Sorry I let you down west but we cant afford ice (not even ice trays).. haha CONWAY you animal I am so proud of you. I first watched Britton's and I had no idea Conway was behind him cause the video was kinda choppy and then all of the sudden I heard the scream! haha SO FUNNY! I busted out laughing. Conway you are such a stud. LOVE YOU ALL,

ELDER CHRISTENSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment