Monday, January 26, 2015

Hey there family! Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015

Hey there family!

Alright so I will just get down to my week then. I am honestly beginning to think that Heavenly Father is prepping me for some really wild kids in the future because I have never learned more about patience in my life!! haha The new area is good but everything is super slow right now because we dont have anything to work from. The area that we came into used to just be an area for sister missionaries and it is huge!! All the members live basically in one half of the area and so the sisters primaraly worked there for the sake of having people to work with. OUR half of the area is not this area! haha We work 3 different towns and they are a pretty good difference away from one another so we have to use the train if we want to get out there. The people here are super different than in Bessa and have a lot less money and are diffenatly more humbled but location is still a huge problem for us. But its all good. More about patience... Elder Wilson is a great kid, just wants to work which is great, but lets just say we have had a couple interactions in the road that were a tad interesting! haha oh man I must really have some insane kids when I am older. haha But i have faith that this transfer is going to be one of learning and loving.

Mom's questions: So we eat at members houses pretty much everyday for lunch. Lunch is 2 hours and we pretty much just eat a normal amount of food and then just hang out with them to fill the rest of the hour. The sun is at its worst during this hour so the mission just dicided that because no one is outside or doing anything that they would place our dinner hour right after our lunch hour (hence 2 hour lunch). This means that dinner doesnt exist here. The only things we make in house are things we make for breakfast or snacks after 9 oclock. Since I dont eat breakfast (sorry jen) I pretty much only use the kitchen to make some Quisquis or something easy like TopRoman. I eat a lot of cookies as well! haha Thats pretty much all I buy on mondays.
In all honesty the temperature here would be great if I didnt have to wear pants and a shirt and tie in it. The wind keeps it cool at night but you also have to remember that the only source of cooling yourself down is taking a cold shower or useing a fan to blow warm air at yourslef. (this only works if your already sweating and will only continure to work as you sweat!) haha 

Alright this was a pretty good letter I think. haha I have a bunch of picture too and I will try to send them next week if I remember to bring my camera. Right now Im going to go rest up, cool down and prep to distroy some brazilans in soccer this afternoon with our ward!
MUCH LOVE,
tchão gente!

ELDER CHRISTENSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment