Monday, November 3, 2014

LAST TIME IN AMERICA!‏ Sent: Mon 11/03/14 1:00 PM

Yo Yo Family!
What a weekend! 
Ok well first off we had 2 baptisms this weekend! Anthony Elder got baptised and Jacob Carruth (less active autistic kid that decided randomly to get baptized last week) as well! It was so great to finish my stateside mission like that! But let me tell ya, It was super stressful! haha! Our week was full of ups and downs! Great lessons and let downs of not being able to get all of my people to church and not even getting to teach one of my favorite investigators!! But hey its all good. I keep getting this overwhelming feeling that all is well and that the Lord will protect my area! Transfers also came last night. Elder Lauti will be staying in the area and his new companion has been out for a long time and apparently is pretty FLY so I am pleased to be able to leave the place in good hands. This last sunday so super hard! It was testimony meeting and of course we as missionaries pretty much always go up and bear testimony but this time we were invited to go first. It was pretty much at that time that I realized I was leaving! A wave of emotion just hit me in the face! I am so bummed to  leave such an awesome ward! Elders Family was sitting front row and I just hope that they know how much they changed my life! Plus everyone in the ward kept getting up and bearing their testimony about missionary work and kept saying goodbye and stuff like that.. I'm like "freak, people how am I supposed to leave this place if you keep making me love you so much!" Dang.. Missions are hard to leave! But its all good. We are definitely going back to small little Ritzville, WA  after my mission! You need to meet these incredible people! btw Anthony's baptism was so sick! David was the one who baptized him and it was one of the best things that I have ever had the privilege to see! It was rocky at first but so good! Anthony forgot to bend his knees so he almost knocked himself out when he leaned back under the water! haha but yep yesterday was pretty crazy, running around and saying goodbye to everyone! Also this week, Halloween was pretty fun! We celebrated on Wed as a branch and did carnival games and the whole shebang!  Pretty fun giving the kids a hard time while running the "Fishing for prizes" game! haha We ran out of stuff to give out pretty quick (even though most of it was pencils and bookmarks!!?) and so we ended up giving this poor girl a rubber band! haha She wasn't having it! haha Not even a little laugh.. just stormed off in her princess costume haha! I love the kids here! Halloween was pretty fun.
Yeah sorry everything is super scattered and randomly exploding out of my head. Hope you can read this letter and have it make sense when I get done with it! Anyways!- got my packing done this morning! Not a moment too late! I think I have most everything?! haha I ended up deciding that none of my sweaters are that important to send home. So I am giving away pretty much everything I don't need. Hope that's alright. Don't know how much weight is allowed in each bag but I will figure that out while I'm staying with Elder and Sister Fisher from the mission home tonight. I still need to buy a card to call home with. So I will take care of that. And then yeah idk what ever happens happens.. It still hasn't really hit me that I will be in a different country in 2 days?! Hopefully I am prepared enough and if not I know Heavenly Father will take care of it.
Man missions teach you a lot that's for sure. The Holy Ghost is a very real presence! There are so many things that I see myself doing everyday or situations that I am reacting to that I could never have seen me do just 1 year ago. I am so great full for the growth I have already seen in myself and the people around me! How lucky am I to know that I still have 14 months of this!! What What?! That's awesome!
Stay posted everyone! I will be calling ya on the morrow so make sure you answer your unknow numbers!! K love ya!
BYeeee

ELDER CHRISTENSEN
Outside a members house..


 AND then this crater that we found just outside of Odessa. We finally decided to stop and take some pics






No comments:

Post a Comment