Monday, November 24, 2014

My body is here! But my mind is in america! Sent: Mon 11/24/14 7:37 AM

Im here! Joao Pessoa exists guys! Its not just some mythical town that you
only hear about in fairy tales! HAHA I love it here! Seriously one of the
most beautiful places on earth. Our area is beach side so we walk next to
the beach every other day... Super pretty! Culture is super different and
the temperature is way too hot but its so cool to be walking around these
beach side favelas and talk to all of these incredibly warm people!
Seriously I love these Brazilians already and I dont even know what they
are saying to me! haha Language is one of the most important tools that God
has given us. Of that I have no doubt. Its just one of those things that
goes unappriciated until you realize that you dont know how to speak or
understand a single thing for a full day! haha So yeah I feel like I have
finally arrived but my Language is nowhere where I want it to be. But tudo
bem. It will come with time. Thats what I keep telling myself. All I need
is a few months and I will be set. Heavenly Father knew how to humble me
pretty quick! haha But yeah I dont know what to say! We live in a pretty
ghetto appartment with holes in the wall that you use to flush the toilet.
We live with 2 other compainionships so in all there Is 6 of us living in
the same amount of space that we had in the states. We eat some
redonkulusly good grub! I love the food here in Brasil! everything is
good.. with some Guarana to top it off.. umm all day! The lunch here is the
main course so we spend 2 hours for lunch and then walk around for the rest
of the day hoping that some one might feed us some snacks at around 8. haha
My trainer here is Elder Loveland! from Georgia. He is pretty much a stud.
Love his guts. Been out for 15 months and has a lot of great advice. Never
served stateside but its no diferent now. Once your here your here and
thats all that matters.  We speak in english quite a bit but thats just
this week. Next week we are going to be cracking down and getting to work
on how I can serve these people better in Portuguese! Now that I got my
feet wet in the area I am ready to give Brasil all I got. I just need to
gain the ability first haha! We had a baptizm this Sunday so the steriotype
of Brasil is already holding pretty firm! haha She was incredibly prepared
so It was fun to be there and watch it all go down!

I dont know what else you want me to share. But if you have questions ask
me cause there is too much I could write about this place but It would take
me all day!

You guys are incredible! Thanks for all the emails! Mon&Dad!- Travel safe!
I hope you have a great holiday! I loved hearing about the Christmas tree
and all the things you guys got going for you. Hope Grandpa is alright! And
B! That poor kid. Its always hard to go home but 10 days early!! Dang..
Tell him I love him.  

Alright its time for me to chow down and get to my first P-Day in JP!
Much love - PEACE
Tchao,
ELDER CHRISTENSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment