Monday, October 20, 2014

Ritzville on the RISE! Travel plans.‏ Sent: Mon 10/20/14 1:46 PM

Oi Minha Familia

I feel like every week I say pretty much the same thing.. But in all honesty this week was CRAZY! haha It's so weird to BE in the week and try and figure out how to fill every hour with something to do and all the while thinking about how long you have until the next P-Day and then finally arriving at P-day and asking yourself what happened last week cause its all a blur. Highlights for the week. Had one of the most spirit filled lessons on my mission with the Roberts family out in Odessa <less active older couple that I mentioned in some of my earlier letters when they promised me they would come to church at some point before I leave> and then right after we dropped by the Elder family for a lesson and walked away knowing that after 10 baptismal invitations we finally have a date set for Kenadie and Anthony's baptism! Seriously it was one of the most spiritually draining yet worthwhile moments on my mission! I am just so stoked for the Elders Family! They still have two more kids to work on but just knowing that K&A are stepping up as the role models for the older brothers make my heart melt every time! I freaking love that family! Then latter in the week we met a brand new investigator that is golden! She kept telling us over and over that she was looking for something more and now she feels like she has finally found it! In my head I just kept saying over and over "You're gonna get baptized..Yep you're gonna get baptized for sure"! Ritzville is pouring out blessings and potential! If I was a betting man I would put money on Ritzville becoming a Ward before I finish my mission. The lord is preparing this place like crazy! Alexis is pretty awesome too! She can't come to church for like 2 weeks because of all these weekend plans she has set up but,.. she wants to. And the lessons are super powerful every time! If she made church a priority and just comes even once, she will be baptized, no doubt in my mind.  Sooo yeah I pretty much love this place and every week is crazy packed with miracles!
Elder Lauti and I are getting along great! Everything seems to be smooth sailing for at least the next few weeks.

I say at least the next few weeks because I found out yesterday that my VISA is officially here and that I am flying out to Brazil next transfer (November 3rd or 4th) . I don't know any of the details of when exactly my flight plan is what the logistics of it will mean but I will probably be in the MTC in Sao Paulo for 2 weeks to touch up on the language and then head up north to Joao Pessoa. I honestly don't know how to feel about it. Obviously I still know that it will be a great adventure and the people there will be incredible and that everything will be worth it in the end, but for whatever reason I just don't feel 100 percent stoked about it. I have grown to love the people of Spokane. Not just my converts or members but other missionaries, investigators, and even random people around my areas! I feel like I am simultaneously ending and starting my mission at one moment in time. We have a temple session planned for this Friday so that will do me some good to do some real pondering and get my self in the right mentality for all of this. I'm not gonna lie, this may be the hardest thing I will ever have to do on my mission. But I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me. I have had too many experiences since being on my mission to ever doubt the fact that God has a greater design for what my life should be like than I could ever create on my own. For now we will just hit these next few weeks in the states with all we got. 

Alright er-body! We gotta go hop in our RIG and drive out past the CRICK to go help some WARSHintonites learn about the Gospel.
Write you again in a couple-few days now,

Com Amor,
ELDER CHRISTENSEN  

No comments:

Post a Comment