Tuesday, October 14, 2014

crazy crazy days..‏ Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:24

Oh my goodness.. Family! How are ya? 

This week was insane now that I look back on it. Patti Nofsinger got baptised this Sunday and it was too sweet! HA It was pretty funny actually. She is just a goofy person and she also brought her blind neighbor that she lives next door to and he kept shouting out stuff at the wrong times and it was just hilarious. We walked in to the room where the FONT was (because there is not enough room to hold the whole thing inside the primary room) and right as brother Nelson raised his hand to perform the ordinance Patti's blind friend shouted out, "So what are we lookin' at NOW?!"  hahaha It was pretty funny. Irreverent for sure but I can't lie. I was laughing the whole time. I am just so excited for Patti to progress in the gospel and see just how much her life will begin to change because of it. We had a pretty stress filled week leading up to it actually. We had ZL/DL exchanges, 2 Baptismal interviews for Patti, and meetings like crazy so now that I look back on it all I just wonder how we even made it through in the first place. We also found a new investigator. Her name is Alexis and she is living with some less active members and taking care of their kids while they work. This less-active family is already one of my favorites on the mission and so we are stoked to see them come back in full and introduce the gospel to Alexis! Such awesome people, and Alexis accepted a soft baptismal invite so that is now our new area of focus! Elder's kids are getting along just about the same as before. I'm not gonna lie I just want to see it happen before I leave this area. I don't know if that's selfish for me to think or not but I just want to have it happen already! haha 

Birthday was great! Thanks for all the Email love and pictures and Video messages! You guys are truly the best! I had a pretty normal day for my birthday out here! haha Just the way I would like it. IT was actually kinda weird because the people that we had dinner with were celebrating  the birthday of their granddaughter and so I counted that as good enough! <btw- this family we ate dinner with were pretty crazy.. haha we talked no joke for 40 min about water births because Sister J is a mid-wife. Elder Lauti almost lost it>  haha Soon enough though the branch found out and sang me happy birthday at the ward activity on Saturday! haha I love these people too much!  AND then as an extension of my Birthday gifts this week, yesterday we had ZONE conference and got to watch MEET THE MORMONS! I don't know if you guys have heard about it or if it even came anywhere close to where you guys are but IT IS SO SICK! GO SEE IT ASAP! It was pretty sweet. I guess the First Presidency just provided every mission president with a copy of the movie so that all the missionaries could watch it! 


ALRIGHT ENOUGH!
LOVE ya

ELDER CHRISTENSEN

ps no pictures until we decide to find somewhere other than this library to write! Hope you can last!

No comments:

Post a Comment