Monday, June 9, 2014

Livin' the Lewstonian Dream!‏ Sent: Mon 6/09/14 3:56 PM

Oi Minha Familia,

So I was halfway down my letter when it just all the sudden closed on me and I lost what I had previously typed so that's awesome.
Anyways, haha Yeah this week hasn't been a whole lot different so here we go. Started off on Monday night when Terry calls us and tells us that his brother that has cancer is doing worse, so in turn he would be gone all week... So we decided to not let that get us down and so in an effort to keep things rolling we are trying really hard to find new investigators. We headed down to this small Indian town called Lapwai and hit up some names that we saw in the area book. We get there and start talking to these people and its kind of a rough neighborhood but we found a brand new investigator and retouched with a Less Active that we going to involve more with teaching when he head down. So all in all, Lapwai is sweet. The people just need one or two solid baptisms we think and then the work might take off. Lapwai Lamennites are coming around. So that's probably one of the more interesting things that we have been doing as far as work around here. Oh also about Terry again. And this is a sweet story but the way the paragraph is already worded it's not worth going back and trying to fit it in. So yeah Terry is the man. He makes it to church yesterday and normally all he has time for is one hour and then he has to go take care of he farm. So as soon as sacrament is over we plead and ask if he can stay for another hour to which he tells us he can't. So we think nothing of it and go and try to talk to some new faces we didn't recognize.. THEN we get to the Gospel Essentials class and there sitting in the classroom is TERRY! my man. So anyways we play it all cool like, "oh hey Terry nice to see you here" (while inside I want to bear hug him) and then the lesson starts. The teacher is a sub and she starts off kinda awkward about it but as we move on it keeps getting better and better, we talk about Repentance and how we can use it to overcome trials and improve ourselves and low and behold it is the greatest, most powerful lesson that we have had at Sunday yet. Terry was super impressed and started to get really into it. (he has been struggling with some w.o.w stuff) So yeah afterwords Terry was so stoked he stayed and he said, "Yep, I just knew I should stay this week." ! I love that man. I hope this will give him some more inspiration to overcome this last hill on his path to Baptism! Should be seeing him tonight and I keep telling him that I want to help him with cows but I don't know what his plan is. 

So yeah this next week should be sweet. I have been playing the Ukulele like a mad man. I pretty much walk in the door and start playing around with it. I borrowed it from Elder Folu (from New Zealand) and just haven't really given it back. I jokingly mentioned to a member the other day that he should buy me one when he goes to Cancun this week and he just might actually hook me up. I figured it is small enough that if I ever had to pack it and take it to Brazil I could...

Alright I love you guys! Good to hear all the news from back home. (p.s. do you have dallin parkers email?) 
Te amo voces!
ELDER CHRISTENSEN

attached are some pictures of Johnson before he left. In one picture he is wearing a sick dope "Hot Dog Salsa" shirt. I wanted it so bad but no dice on the trade. I guess I will just have to hit a few more yard sales when street contacting 



No comments:

Post a Comment