Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Heavenly Father has a plan... Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Opa Familìa!

What a week it has been! I always get kinda stuck here because there is no real place to start but I had some time to reflect upon the week this morning so hopefully that will create some flow to my letter this week. To start off, on Monday I got my Easter package!! Thank you so much for the candy and love and Easter Egg dying kit! I loved it all. We even carved out some time during our late night companionship study to color some eggs in the true fashion of Easter! ha! So that was on Monday, Tuesday was when the work and stress began. We met with Peggy to make sure that all was going to work for the baptism on Saturday. We kinda had to rush going through the Baptism questions until the morning of the day she was supposed to get interviewed. For anyone out there readying this. This is not a good idea. So in the end we discovered that there was still some things to work through and now the process of preparing for a May 10th baptismal is underway. When I think back upon it, there was a lot that we could have done better as missionaries and honestly we will be better because of this experience  but there was also a huge role played by the adversary so... Satan knows when someone is close to Baptism, let me tell ya. But tudo bem! All is well! So bottom line is that there was no baptism this Saturday.. She is still so stoked to get baptized and it always gives peace to mind to know that after some time she will be able to receive all the blessings God has for her with a clean conscience and better stance on things. SO that's why the subject of this letter is so simply put. Heavenly Father has a plan and there is no doubt that that plan will eventually be for our benefit whether or not it was what we were expecting. SO, after that the week became very busy trying to find and teach and move on. We had specialized training with a cluster of Zones in the area and it pretty much lasted all day. We talked a bunch about finding new investigators through ward members and also about strengthening ward families. That night we were pushed for time trying to get back for another training with all the Ward Mission Leaders in the valley. We got home and thought about finding some Dinner when we got a call from a member that wanted us to meet someone he sold hay to in the past week and who seemed very interested in the church. We go over and realize it was someone's house that we had tried once already and so we were kinda cautious about how useful it would be to meet him. Anyways we walked in and found out that he is probably one of the most prepared people we have ever taught! Seriously though, this man had read the BofM in 6 months and already talks about it and the stories in it like he knows them by heart.  We had an intense lesson with him and talked about baptism being somewhere down the road and he said "As long as it brings me closer to Jesus!" haha We love the crud out of this guy and he even came to church for Easter! He got emotional during the meeting and before he had to split after Sacrament got out, he told us that he was able to feel the spirit so strong that he pretty much knows that he wants to join the church! We have been beaming ever since! Heavenly Father has a plan! So Terry is now preparing for the same date as Peggy! We could potentially have a double dunking day! My testimony has grown so much this week. It started off so wrong. Not devastating but discouraging for sure. And then as we continue to push through and keep humble, Heavenly Father will pour unto us all that we need to make it through the week. He completely turned it around for us and of that I am 100 percent sure. 

Funny story from the week: There is this less active that we teach, who we are pretty sure is a trailer home nudest because every time we knock he asks for a few minuets to prepare the house. haha I love him to death though. That man is so funny. He probably has 200+ sword collection and he dumps so much food on us from his pantry every time we are inside! He has a "female dog" and so since he is pretty old fashioned and blunt he pretty much drops the B word all the time in reference to her! haha I don't know if its the best thing to laugh at but my comp was VERY taking back by it the first time we heard him use it so I guess that's why I think its funny. haha but we love teaching him and helping him out with service. Remember those times I used to complain about how working with Dad was hard because of how little direction he gave me?.. well I now see the other end of the spectrum when ever we go over to do service for him!! haha Cracks me up! Also he keeps trying to give us an abundance of free pocket knifes! I keep telling him that I will eventually have to get rid of them if I plan on flying to Brazil and he told me that I could smuggle them in and use them to fight off attackers.  Haha I don't know what would be worse, getting stabed by an inch blade or getting sprayed with pepper spray! Help me out here West!


Amo vocês muito!
ELDER CHRISTENSEN

Also.. My top button is always done! I make sure of it. Its the one in every 5 shirts that I have that I literally cannot button even if I want to! haha thank you for noticing though.. (Mom gave him a hard time about not buttoning his top button in the photos from a couple weeks ago. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment